It's time to move in!
Whether you are travelling by car, public transport or bike, you will find all you need on our Location page.
- Arriving by car: We have a car park to allow people to unload. If you are arriving in your own car and need a parking space, please register your details at reception upon arrival. To do this you will need your driving license and proof of car insurance.
- International Students: Students arriving from abroad who would like to book an Airport Welcome by the University click here to visit the University website and book your place now.
Your keys can be collected from Reception between 10am and 4pm on September 10 2012. Once you collect your keys you will be shown to your room by a member of the Village team.
- Arrival: On arrival you will receive a Welcome Pack. This will include our Resident Survival Guide or Resident Handbook this will provide you with all the necessary information you need to know about the your room and the Village. We don't imagine you will read it from back to front but please take the time to have a flick through, it will help you understand how to make the most of your time here.
- Inventory: You will need to complete your room inventory once you have settled in. This provides us with information on the condition of the room when you move in and ensures we can attend to anything that requires immediate attention. For residents of John Lester, Eddie Colman and Bramall Court this will be available online by logging into our Residents' Portal.
- Your next rent payment will be debited from your bank account on 15th October. All details of payments are specified in your individual Payment Plan which will be e-mailed to you after arrival.
- Please ensure your Direct Debit Mandate is handed in prior to arrival and that you have sufficient funds in your account, to avoid any charges.
- If you are an international student you can submit your Direct Debit Mandate after you open a UK bank account. The Mandate will need to be with us no later than 28th September.
- Insurance is included in your rent and is provided by Endsleigh.
What to bring with you
- A duvet, single or fitted sheet, pillow, pillowcase and towels.
- A couple of plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and cutlery.
- A couple of pans.
- A desk or bedside light, extension lead.
- A small mirror for your bedroom.
- Tea-towels, toilet rolls, tin opener and corkscrew.
- Kettle and Toaster.
- Bank Account details, credit/debit card.
- ID such as passport, driving licence and National Insurance Number.
- Toiletries/washing powder.
- Food items to last a few days.
You may wish to wait until you meet your flat mates and club together to buy items for the kitchen.
You can pre-order bedding and kitchen packs in our village shop so it's ready for you when you arrive. Click here to order now.
We recognise that you will want to start enjoying yourself as soon as you arrive. We will be holding a range of activities designed to allow all our residents to make new friends, become familiar with their new neighbourhood and settle into life within the Village as quickly as possible.
Check out V Plus, our exclusive membership for our residents. Click here to find out more.
Follow us on Twitter or become a fan of our Facebook page, Salford Student Village, and stay up to date with all the events.